Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Free Write #2

Fall is without a doubt my favorite season. During this time of year, I do many activities such as picking apples, raking leaves, dressing up for Halloween and trick-or-treating, cooking for thanksgiving dinner at our house and celebrating my birthday. Although, my favorite fall activity has to be creating my Halloween costume with my mom. This is a very special time where we can create, think, talk and laugh together. Every year since kindergarten, my mom and I have had the weekend before Halloween to think up a Halloween costume. In previous years, I have been a scare crow, Lunette from PBS kids, a pink lady, amouse, vampiress, psychedelic lady bug, alien princess, snow fairy, a cheerleader, and the statue of liberty. Previous to our weekend extravaganza, brainstorm while we sip apple cider and eat cinnamon sugar and blueberry cake donuts or oatmeal raisin cookies. Once we make our decision, we go out to the thrift store (my dad calls it the hee-bee jee-bee store), wal-mart, and JOann fabrics to get all the materials we need. Then we go back home and start working and only stop for a lunch break. By the end of the weekend, the costume is practically perfect and only needs minor adjustments. This year will be by far the best costume session yet because this year we have thought up the best costume ever. This year I plan on being the Lollipop Princess from Candy Land. I will wear a yellow dress with a curly purple wig and orange high heels. We will attach big lollipops to the bottom of my dress and I will carry one big one to lick throughout the day. To make this Halloween extra special, my mom’s friend, Sheila, will be visiting from England. She can share a different way of celebrating “All Hallow’s Eve.” I am excited to learn the English version of this holiday. Costume decorating is my favorite activity in Halloween witch is my favorite holiday in my favorite time of year… FALL!

Words: approx 330

1 comment:

Slawinski2008 said...

Amy- Watch a couple typos. Do you have pictures of all the creative things you have been for Halloween? I'd love to see them. Remember to group similar ideas into paragraphs. +8